RWC Biotech
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All things Biotech.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Chem Final Exam

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Sllawson0

Chem Final Exam Empty
PostSubject: Chem Final Exam   Chem Final Exam I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 08, 2009 4:35 am

Any ideas what to study? There is so much freaking material I feel overwhelmed!
Back to top Go down
LWhitacre

Chem Final Exam Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chem Final Exam   Chem Final Exam I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 08, 2009 7:41 am

I tried looking at the book to get straightened out on some things. First thing, I might have bumped into quadratic.
I thought Shauna helped - still didn't work out for me.
Got no further in this endeavor and cannot recommend it.

I will copy my notes - in brief form. Try to know an example by heart so I can substitute numbers on the exam.
Biochem has been laid on the sacrificial alter of Anal Chem.

There were some topics at the end of the syllabus that did not get covered as far as I know.
Basics of Q & A (5-1, 5-2)
12/1 – 12/3 Standard Addition and Internal Standards (5-3, 5-4)
Thoughts on this?
Back to top Go down
Sllawson0

Chem Final Exam Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chem Final Exam   Chem Final Exam I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 08, 2009 2:24 pm

Yeah, I stay away from the book for the most part because it doesn't really follow his notes well.
I copied my definitions and main concepts last night and today will be just practicing problems for the most part.
As for the things he did not cover, I would not worry about them. Just study what we have done.
Back to top Go down
kyle

Chem Final Exam Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chem Final Exam   Chem Final Exam I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 08, 2009 7:59 pm

I am going to try to get there around 2 to make sure I get in a few hours of studying without the distractions of home.
Back to top Go down
Sllawson0

Chem Final Exam Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chem Final Exam   Chem Final Exam I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 08, 2009 9:37 pm

I may come early also. I have not gotten good study time in this week with my son home from daycare and my husband gone. I may go to the library that day really early to just cram in a quiet place.
Back to top Go down
LWhitacre

Chem Final Exam Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chem Final Exam   Chem Final Exam I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 10, 2009 4:10 am

no grade yet for the take home #3.
Did he say he would give equations for Fractional Composition? or any others?
Back to top Go down
LWhitacre

Chem Final Exam Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chem Final Exam   Chem Final Exam I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 10, 2009 8:48 am

it looks like 6/9 labs have been graded. Or am I just missing labs?
Kind of important because I repeated a lab and I'm thinking I wont bother finishing it - unless it would make a difference
in the overall grade. Now, how would I know that? hmmmm
Back to top Go down
Sllawson0

Chem Final Exam Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chem Final Exam   Chem Final Exam I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 10, 2009 4:58 pm

My grades still only show 4 labs with grades at this point. Maybe he is doing only a few at a time.
Back to top Go down
LWhitacre

Chem Final Exam Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chem Final Exam   Chem Final Exam I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 10, 2009 5:30 pm

I counted 1&2 as 2 labs and 3 &4 as 2 labs. M&M's was 10/29
Still, even though I spent Saturday working on this, I think I better skip finishing it up.
Fretting over old stuff like % uncertainty and Standard Deviation
Back to top Go down
kyle

Chem Final Exam Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chem Final Exam   Chem Final Exam I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 10, 2009 6:46 pm

I am going to head up to school in a little bit. I'll probably be in the lobby until about 2, then I'll check to see if our classroom is open.
Back to top Go down
LWhitacre

Chem Final Exam Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chem Final Exam   Chem Final Exam I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 10, 2009 6:56 pm

I am going to hold off until about 2pm. I talked with Stacey earlier and we agreed we need some independent study time for definitions and things like that. I will come along later. Good Luck and I hope you can secure a classroom.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Chem Final Exam Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chem Final Exam   Chem Final Exam I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Chem Final Exam
Page 1 of 1