RWC Biotech
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All things Biotech.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Molecular Genetics Workbench exercises

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Sllawson0

Molecular Genetics Workbench exercises Empty
PostSubject: Molecular Genetics Workbench exercises   Molecular Genetics Workbench exercises I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 15, 2010 11:18 pm

What did everyone say for #5?
Back to top Go down
LWhitacre

PostSubject: Re: Molecular Genetics Workbench exercises   Molecular Genetics Workbench exercises I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2010 2:30 am

I'm glad to see you made it home.
I am going back to re-do and copy the results as I go because I got 7 fragments from normal
and 6 fragments from sickle cell. It appears there should have been 8 for normal. I may have chosen the wrong reading frame for normal - I chose number 3.

The answer to #5 - The longest one will be the one that contains a start codon, but no internal stop codon

Help with ALL the answers is here Smile http://bioweb.uwlax.edu/GenWeb/Molecular/Theory/Translation/Translation_Lecture/translation_lecture.htm

Last edited by LWhitacre on Tue Feb 16, 2010 4:25 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sllawson0

PostSubject: Re: Molecular Genetics Workbench exercises   Molecular Genetics Workbench exercises I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2010 2:36 am

I got 7 fragments for normal and 6 for sickle cell - where did you see that it should be 8?
Back to top Go down
LWhitacre

PostSubject: Re: Molecular Genetics Workbench exercises   Molecular Genetics Workbench exercises I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2010 4:52 am

I didn't see it any where but thought I had messed up.
I'm ok now.
Back to top Go down
kyle

PostSubject: Re: Molecular Genetics Workbench exercises   Molecular Genetics Workbench exercises I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2010 5:39 am

I got the same as Stacey. For 5 I just put because it is the most likely to code the entire protein.
Back to top Go down
LWhitacre

PostSubject: Re: Molecular Genetics Workbench exercises   Molecular Genetics Workbench exercises I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2010 6:14 am

So school is off until noon tomorrow.
and yes, for #5 The longest reading frame is most likely to contain the code for the entire protein.

We missed you in class, Kyle. I took notes if you want to decipher.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Molecular Genetics Workbench exercises   Molecular Genetics Workbench exercises I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Molecular Genetics Workbench exercises
Page 1 of 1