RWC Biotech
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All things Biotech.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Protein Lab Report 4

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
kyle

Protein Lab Report 4 Empty
PostSubject: Protein Lab Report 4   Protein Lab Report 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 22, 2009 1:34 am

Anyone having any problems so far?

I'm curious as to whether people are having a faster/easier time making the graphs in Excel or just hand-drawing it.
Back to top Go down
Sllawson0

PostSubject: Re: Protein Lab Report 4   Protein Lab Report 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 22, 2009 5:28 am

Doing the graphs in Excel was annoying me earlier because I can't figure out how to adjust the X-axis. It shows the percentages in increments of 10 and I want increments of 5. Anyone know how to do this? Otherwise I may end up drawing them tomorrow instead.
I am still not sure how to answer #3 or #11 either.
Back to top Go down
kyle

PostSubject: Re: Protein Lab Report 4   Protein Lab Report 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 22, 2009 9:31 pm

I decided to just draw them out than bother with Excel (guess Ill be taking lab data management next semester). After looking harder at 3 and 11, I think we need to base our answers on the average absorbance readings that we calculated. I'll ask Shauna and Lisa when I see them later for Biochem.
Back to top Go down
LWhitacre

PostSubject: Re: Protein Lab Report 4   Protein Lab Report 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 22, 2009 9:51 pm

I spent too much time trying to change the series, axis, etc. I will draw them like Simone did. Her's looked really good.
Back to top Go down
Sllawson0

PostSubject: Re: Protein Lab Report 4   Protein Lab Report 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 22, 2009 9:54 pm

When we are making the second graph, our x axis should be the ammonium sulfate concentration, so I assume to y axis is the total concentration. I was confused because she put on the board that the graph should have the A595 on the y axis, but we don't know that value.
I wrote down that we are supposed to compare where more protein is in the supernatant and pellet and use the % of where total protein and supernatant and pellet are the same to do further study. This should help for question #11.
Back to top Go down
LWhitacre

PostSubject: Re: Protein Lab Report 4   Protein Lab Report 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 23, 2009 2:06 am

Page 22, second line from the bottom, says, "We will use absorbance at 405 nm."
Back to top Go down
Sllawson0

PostSubject: Re: Protein Lab Report 4   Protein Lab Report 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 23, 2009 2:09 am

405 nm is for the spec we did, but Dr. Bradshaw ran the spec at 595 for her Bradford assay to get total protein conc.
Back to top Go down
LWhitacre

PostSubject: Re: Protein Lab Report 4   Protein Lab Report 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 23, 2009 4:20 am

And, are we ignoring the bit about plotting protein concentration for the pellet?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Protein Lab Report 4   Protein Lab Report 4 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Protein Lab Report 4
Page 1 of 1