RWC Biotech
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All things Biotech.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Lab 9 Immunoblot Report

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
kyle

Lab 9 Immunoblot Report Empty
PostSubject: Lab 9 Immunoblot Report   Lab 9 Immunoblot Report I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 29, 2009 2:09 am

I'm thinking about just letting this one be my dropped lab report. What the fuck is with asking us questions in the Data section? Where the fuck am I supposed to put it?

God I want to just get this semester done with Mad
Back to top Go down
Sllawson0

PostSubject: Re: Lab 9 Immunoblot Report   Lab 9 Immunoblot Report I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 29, 2009 2:21 am

I just put my data questions in the data section and then did the rest in the questions section. The only one I am not sure on is question #7.
Back to top Go down
LWhitacre

PostSubject: Re: Lab 9 Immunoblot Report   Lab 9 Immunoblot Report I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 29, 2009 3:40 am

Question 7 is similar to the dilution question on the ELISA quiz, back page. I'm still playing with how exactly to do this one, too.
Back to top Go down
LWhitacre

PostSubject: Re: Lab 9 Immunoblot Report   Lab 9 Immunoblot Report I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 29, 2009 5:53 am

I used 0.5 ml of protein to 4.5 ml of buffer. 4 dilutions total. Does that sound right?
Back to top Go down
johnss1

PostSubject: Re: Lab 9 Immunoblot Report   Lab 9 Immunoblot Report I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 30, 2009 12:44 am

Does the standard curve have to be hand drawn? Cus i REALLY dont feel like doing it.....
Back to top Go down
Sllawson0

PostSubject: Re: Lab 9 Immunoblot Report   Lab 9 Immunoblot Report I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 30, 2009 12:49 am

It's just like the SDS-PAGE graph, so if you can do the semi log in Excel then I would say go for it, but I found it easier to just draw it.
Back to top Go down
LWhitacre

PostSubject: Re: Lab 9 Immunoblot Report   Lab 9 Immunoblot Report I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 30, 2009 12:58 am

this was a really long lab report - should have been worth double
Back to top Go down
johnss1

PostSubject: Re: Lab 9 Immunoblot Report   Lab 9 Immunoblot Report I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 30, 2009 1:02 am

my kalediscope colors dont match up to the appendix.... what should i do.....
Back to top Go down
Sllawson0

PostSubject: Re: Lab 9 Immunoblot Report   Lab 9 Immunoblot Report I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 30, 2009 1:04 am

What are you seeing?

Has anyone else figured out #7 yet? That is all I have left and I can print this stupid thing!
Back to top Go down
kyle

PostSubject: Re: Lab 9 Immunoblot Report   Lab 9 Immunoblot Report I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 30, 2009 1:08 am

I'm sick of drawing best-fit lines. This will be my dropped lab grade, because I choose not to do it. Should we be expecting to be creating standard curves all the time with the types of jobs we occupy? Cause I might be in the wrong major. I LOVED Biology 3, and while I think a lot of our labs done are very cool, I don't like some types of analysis.

I guess beggars can't be choosers though in this type of economy. But godamn, I'm tired of getting reports back a month after I've completed them, and then being tested on them. I realize that Bradshaw is reasonable, but man do I wish I could just get done with this quarter.
Back to top Go down
johnss1

PostSubject: Re: Lab 9 Immunoblot Report   Lab 9 Immunoblot Report I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 30, 2009 1:19 am

1) kyle, calm down, it is oooook. breath! and honestly, in real life, you will probably have a computer program like excel or somethin do it for you. She wants us to do hand drawns so we know the mechanics behind it, ya know. but its ok.... you'll be fine.

2) the colors i see are.... no color but we have a dot there, so i assume its blue.... then i see magenta, then green.... then there is a space where there is like.... no color, but there is a dot.... but then the next color is clearly a purplish color then orange, then the rest ran down to the dye front which is kind of purple is so i think the red and blue ran together. So I dont understand... what should i call the middle portion that looks blank? I'm group 5 if you want to check out the pic.....
Back to top Go down
Sllawson0

PostSubject: Re: Lab 9 Immunoblot Report   Lab 9 Immunoblot Report I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 30, 2009 1:25 am

If you have a dot there, then you should have measured it. I asked her this because we do not have the bottom 2 bands of color on ours and did not have dots there either. She said to only use the ones with dots because we can't make up data that doesn't exist. Ours shows Blue, Magenta, Green, Violet and Orange in that order from top to bottom. Our protein shows up between the green and violet.
Back to top Go down
kyle

PostSubject: Re: Lab 9 Immunoblot Report   Lab 9 Immunoblot Report I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 30, 2009 1:31 am

Sorry I didn't intend to bring anyone down to my level; I'm at a point where it is really hard to care about what constitutes an A, since none of our professors really line it out, and it seems like many put themselves > the class. (I.E. ignore me if you want a good grade.)
Back to top Go down
johnss1

PostSubject: Re: Lab 9 Immunoblot Report   Lab 9 Immunoblot Report I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 30, 2009 1:31 am

which group is your pic?
Back to top Go down
johnss1

PostSubject: Re: Lab 9 Immunoblot Report   Lab 9 Immunoblot Report I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 30, 2009 1:33 am

LWhitacre wrote:
I used 0.5 ml of protein to 4.5 ml of buffer. 4 dilutions total. Does that sound right?

Yes, this sounds correct.... same way i did it....
Back to top Go down
Sllawson0

PostSubject: Re: Lab 9 Immunoblot Report   Lab 9 Immunoblot Report I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 30, 2009 1:34 am

We are group 2
Back to top Go down
johnss1

PostSubject: Re: Lab 9 Immunoblot Report   Lab 9 Immunoblot Report I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 30, 2009 1:37 am

it looks llike the same thing as what i'm talking about. unless you didnt count that? i seee that the sample is in between the green and violet, but there is a dot there.... same as ours..... what color did you mark that as being? see what i mean?
Back to top Go down
Sllawson0

PostSubject: Re: Lab 9 Immunoblot Report   Lab 9 Immunoblot Report I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 30, 2009 1:41 am

Okay, so you set up 4 tubes. Start with 5 ml in the 1st, then have 4.5 ml of buffer in each tube. Then pipet .5 ml into each one. In the 4th tube you would have 5 ml at 1/10000. That sounds right now that I draw it out! Thanks!
Back to top Go down
LWhitacre

PostSubject: Re: Lab 9 Immunoblot Report   Lab 9 Immunoblot Report I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 30, 2009 1:44 am

i can photoshop the colors in if you want. lol
Group 1 turned out decent, if you pretend ... you can see the colors.
Back to top Go down
Sllawson0

PostSubject: Re: Lab 9 Immunoblot Report   Lab 9 Immunoblot Report I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 30, 2009 1:45 am

I don't think the dot you can see in the photo now was there when we first got the bands. I think when we were measuring we made some marks on there and they are now showing up in the photo. There shouldn't be any color between green and violet, so I don't think there is supposed to be a dot there. At the top, we do have a dot and no color, but we just assume that it was supposed to be blue and use it. The only ones we did not use were the bottom 2 - red and blue since they did not show up and don't have dots.
Back to top Go down
Sllawson0

PostSubject: Re: Lab 9 Immunoblot Report   Lab 9 Immunoblot Report I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 30, 2009 1:47 am

I also photoshopped mine a little to make it brighter.
Back to top Go down
LWhitacre

PostSubject: Re: Lab 9 Immunoblot Report   Lab 9 Immunoblot Report I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 30, 2009 2:24 am

It does look like group 5 had another pencil dot. It wasn't supposed to be there - unless somebody was marking where actin appears. That makes sense.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lab 9 Immunoblot Report   Lab 9 Immunoblot Report I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Lab 9 Immunoblot Report
Page 1 of 1