RWC Biotech
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All things Biotech.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Seminar Final

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
LWhitacre

Seminar Final Empty
PostSubject: Seminar Final   Seminar Final I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 09, 2009 6:02 am

Aly pointed out that there is reading from the book:

GMP/GLP notes from Blackboard and Class notes on Agencies - reading pgs. 305 - 317
Intellectual Property - reading pgs 317 - 322

I sent the instructor an email (2 attempts) and his email doesn't seem to be working. I will phone him tomorrow to ask:
Job Hunting and the tour of GRI - should we expect anything of those topics on the test?

I plan on getting there about 30 minutes early - just to go over stuff.
We probably have time to review before the test.
It's only items since the first test and it's only 60 points.
Back to top Go down
kyle

Seminar Final Empty
PostSubject: Re: Seminar Final   Seminar Final I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 09, 2009 4:47 pm

He still hasn't graded some assignments, right? I don't see the reflection paper yet, and I think there's one or two others..
Back to top Go down
Sllawson0

Seminar Final Empty
PostSubject: Re: Seminar Final   Seminar Final I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 09, 2009 4:53 pm

I know the reflection paper is not listed yet. I am not sure if there is anything else though.
I am not reading anything from the book. I will just go over the patent presentation and the notes we took in class on the agencies.
Back to top Go down
LWhitacre

Seminar Final Empty
PostSubject: Re: Seminar Final   Seminar Final I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 09, 2009 5:06 pm

Lab notebook grades are up for Biotech - amazing. I thought that would take a while. Looks like it was 30 points, not.
Back to top Go down
LWhitacre

Seminar Final Empty
PostSubject: Seminar Final INFO   Seminar Final I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 09, 2009 5:27 pm

This is the info the instructor offered up:
It is 50 points instead of 60
A lot of Patent stuff
There may be something about Interview

I asked about this:
GMP/GLP and agency stuff.
and he said "yep" meaning it could be on the test.

Also, if we would like to ask questions before the test - he has no problems with that.

Patent stuff, I would expect to see something like homework
What is the patent for, what does it do? who is asignee?
When we were in class, Instructor said to definitely know this - slide #10
Patent life in U.S. 20 years from filing (GATT, June, 1995); no shorter than 17 years from issue (Nov. 1999)
Back to top Go down
Sllawson0

Seminar Final Empty
PostSubject: Re: Seminar Final   Seminar Final I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 09, 2009 5:49 pm

He also mentioned that we definitely need to be able to write out what the abbreviations for the agencies mean.
He did also say that it would be a mix of short answer and multiple choice like the last exam.

I just hope this weather doesn't get too bad this afternoon. I do not want to spend 3 hours on the road again!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Seminar Final Empty
PostSubject: Re: Seminar Final   Seminar Final I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Seminar Final
Page 1 of 1