RWC Biotech
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All things Biotech.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Lab Data FINAL

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
LWhitacre

Lab Data FINAL Empty
PostSubject: Lab Data FINAL   Lab Data FINAL I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 14, 2010 5:33 pm

I am sending instructor an email.

Is the final worth 100 points? I don't recall hearing him say.
The syllabus shows that exams (total) are worth 400 points and we have had 3 exams.
I assume the final is only worth 100 points also.

I think he was going to weigh the homeworks differently because of early StatPlus problems.
Back to top Go down
Sllawson0

Lab Data FINAL Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lab Data FINAL   Lab Data FINAL I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 14, 2010 6:33 pm

As far as I know it is 100 points. The project is also 100 points. I spent all day yesterday getting that thing done. I sure hope the data on the final is not quite as lengthy.
Back to top Go down
LWhitacre

Lab Data FINAL Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lab Data FINAL   Lab Data FINAL I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 14, 2010 6:45 pm

I know he said the Final Project would get us prepared for the Exam,
but do you recall whether the Exam is supposed to resemble the Final Project?
That's a scary thought. I hope he has time to give input on the Project.
I did 4 restarts.

Did you write about the original sample being much larger, like 136 Hogs, but we are using around 40?
Back to top Go down
Sllawson0

Lab Data FINAL Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lab Data FINAL   Lab Data FINAL I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 15, 2010 6:17 pm

I sent him a copy of my final project and he said it looked good. I am just going to submit that and be done.
I did email him and ask about the final. Still waiting to hear back.
Back to top Go down
Sllawson0

Lab Data FINAL Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lab Data FINAL   Lab Data FINAL I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 15, 2010 8:46 pm

He posted a final exam info sheet on Blackboard. Here is a copy of it:

On the final, you will be asked to examine example datasets, summary statistics, and figures to answer the following types of questions (the emphasis will not be on performing calculations or constructing figures as in the first three exams):

• Given specific independent and dependent variables, determine how they should best be presented graphically (scatterplot vs. bar graph, appropriate axes for independent and dependent variables)
• Examine a histogram or a probability plot to determine outliers or normality
• Determine from a histogram or probability plot whether or not a given transformation has improved normality
• Determine from a boxplot whether or not data are skewed and whether or not two means are likely to be significantly different
• Determine whether the mean or median would be the most appropriate way to summarize central tendency
• Use a scatterplot to determine whether or not the relationship between two values is a positive or negative correlation
• Use a scatterplot to visually gauge how strong the relationship between two variables is
• Use a scatterplot or residuals to determine extreme values or outliers
• Use the equation of a trendline to predict specific values of y for x
• Interpret r, r2, and the output of a regression analysis
• Interpret the output of a t-test or ANOVA
• Use a P-value to determine whether or not a difference or relationship is statistically significant
Back to top Go down
kyle

Lab Data FINAL Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lab Data FINAL   Lab Data FINAL I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 16, 2010 1:16 am

What statistical test did you guys use for the second one? I made a histogram of it but I've no idea what test to use.
Back to top Go down
Sllawson0

Lab Data FINAL Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lab Data FINAL   Lab Data FINAL I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 16, 2010 1:48 am

Second what?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Lab Data FINAL Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lab Data FINAL   Lab Data FINAL I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Lab Data FINAL
Page 1 of 1