RWC Biotech
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All things Biotech.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Lab Data Difference Tests

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
kyle

Lab Data Difference Tests Empty
PostSubject: Lab Data Difference Tests   Lab Data Difference Tests I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2010 11:32 pm

I'm confused as hell with this p-value t-value stuff. How are they related to eachother? If the p-value is greater than the t-value, what does that mean? Is the p-value only supposed to be compared to the alpha value? His instructions on this one are so vague.
Back to top Go down
kyle

PostSubject: Re: Lab Data Difference Tests   Lab Data Difference Tests I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2010 11:50 pm

From what I understand, if the P-value is less than the alpha value (0.05), then there is statistical difference between them. If its higher than the alpha, then it is not statistically different. Is this correct?
Back to top Go down
Sllawson0

PostSubject: Re: Lab Data Difference Tests   Lab Data Difference Tests I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 17, 2010 5:09 am

Yes, you are right. Just think about it in terms of the 95% confidence interval. If it is less than 0.05 (5%), then it falls outside of the 95% confidence interval and is statistically different. If it is above .05, then it does fall in the 95% C.I.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lab Data Difference Tests   Lab Data Difference Tests I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Lab Data Difference Tests
Page 1 of 1